Assistant Centre Manager
JOB TITLE: Assistant Centre Manager, DeskLodge Bristol
SALARY: £22,000-24000 pa
CONTRACT: Full Time, permanent
Overview of the Post:
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual with a desire to develop in a managerial position. You will be joining a growing and dynamic organisation in an exciting industry, providing the self-employed, freelancers, and small to medium sized businesses flexible work space options and memberships, in a collaborative and community led environment.
Purpose of the Post:
We are looking for an organised, proactive, and solution-focused person with excellent attention to detail to work with the Centre Manager to ensure the successful, smooth and professional running of all aspects within DeskLodge.
Areas of Responsibility
Customer Service and Workplace Culture
- Provide great customer service
- Actively manage the space on a daily basis ensuring each area is operating as intended
- Work with the DeskLodge team to maintain a good work place culture, mix and ambience, including establishing (and enforcing) good neighbour practices in a sharing environment
- Build connections, make personal introductions and support networking
Working closely with the Centre Manager, DL team, CTO and building team to:
- Ensure the workspace runs smoothly, is fully operational and all procedures are adhered too.
- Assist with all aspects of health and safety compliance, procedures and monitoring systems. To ensure that DeskLodge is secure and that security procedures are being followed by tenants.
- Plan, resource and schedule efficient moving-in and moving-out of tenants.
- Assist with the management of contractors and cleaners and that our set standards are maintained and upheld.
- Assist with sourcing office equipment, coffee, labour and other items along with being responsible for purchasing.
Memberships and Billing
- Promote use of ND software for all billing, and maintain communications between DL staff team to educate members and residents how to use the ND software for billing, guests and networking.
- Assist with managing tenants licence obligations, subscriptions, exits and late payments.
- Assist with invoicing and monitoring/managing expenditure.
- To maintain confidentiality of information regarding all tenants.
- Assist the Centre Manager with creating licences, invoices, deposits and obtaining identity proofs.
- Ensure membership engagement including sign-up to newsletters, slack groups and on-boarding sessions
Marketing & New business
- Give personalised tours based on an understanding of the company/individuals needs and preferences.
- Support and work with the DL team to create sales leads, contact lists and log and follow up new leads, including working on promotional plans across all platforms
- Reach out to local organisations and attend networking events to promote DeskLodge and seek new business when requested.
- Assist the Centre Manager with the management of Desklodge Hosts, events staff and contractors.
- Provide training to DeskLodge staff where requested.
- Establish positive work culture based on encouraging a pro-active can-do team.
- Encourage team working and resolve conflicts.
Skills & knowledge
- Knowledge of, or an interest in the world of flexible working
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and planning skills with a high motivation to succeed
- Great interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of all the main Microsoft products as well as the ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong work ethic, takes responsibility and highly reliable
- Leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrable and effective organisational, customer service and working under pressure experience
- Problem solver, team player and a can-do mindset
- Experience managing people directly or through matrix management
- Experience of hitting customer service and sales targets/KPIs, both individual and team based
DeskLodge offers matched pension contributions for up to 5% of basic salary and 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
Our members are dynamic, successful and remarkable bunch. You will have the opportunity to be part of something new. DeskLodge is making work an adventure. You will share in the challenges, the fun and the achievements of all those around you. Help shape the way people work and live.
We will be shortlisting on 19 October, 2017 with interviews planned for 1st and/or 3rd November, 2017.