Basingstoke Launch Director
Launch Director Basingstoke
Salary/rate: £30-42k p.a. (pro-rata) depending on experience
25.5 hours per week (60% full time)
Fixed term for 6 months
Overview of the Post
We are looking for a dynamic and connected individual to help us launch DeskLodge Basingstoke. You are a team player, a problem solver and love entrepreneurial communities. You will engage local businesses, create value from networks and curate an amazing business hub. Your mission is to make DeskLodge Basingstoke the heart of the business ecosystem in Basingstoke. You are DeskLodge’s ambassador for what we do and believe in!
Purpose of the Post:
- To launch DeskLodge as the exciting new centre for businesses in Basingstoke.
- To raise the profile of DeskLodge Basingstoke and increase brand awareness.
- To secure a high level of occupancy for the centre
Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and reach out to local organisations and attend networking events to promote DeskLodge.
- Provide (and train others) to give personalised tours, based on understanding of company needs and preferences.
- Generate leads and sales.
Partnerships & community building
- Develop relationships and partnerships with relevant organisations, businesses and activities.
- Build connections, make personal introductions and support networking.
Marketing & PR
- Work with Centre Manager and DeskLodge team, to develop and deliver a promotional strategy including but not exclusively partnerships, promotions, social media, marketing and advertising, on line networks and working with office agents.
- Working with the DeskLodge team and thought leaders to provide an e-newsletter, blogs and articles.
- Work in partnership to bring really great events to DeskLodge Basingstoke.
- Plan and track promotional activities and lead generation.
Workplace culture and membership management
- Work with DeskLodge team to establish a good work place culture, mix and ambience, including establishing (and enforcing) good neighbour practices in a sharing environment.
- You will be proactive in optimising the workspace and member experience in terms of functionality, design and fun. You are creative, experimental and solution-focused, and will help the new team to provide a relevant and brilliant service for our members and residents.
- You will work with the Centre Manager to bring in new members and oversee the smooth running of DeskLodge Basingstoke, establishing a positive work culture based on trust, collaboration, good communication and problem solving.
- Oversee lettings, track and record sales conversions, occupancy and income.
- Resolve conflicts, complaints and issues in the interest of the wider community engagement and sign-up to newsletters, slack groups and on-boarding sessions.
- Promote use of ND software for all billing, ensuring that staff team educate members and residents to use the ND software for billing, guests and networking.
Working closely with the Centre Manager, DL team, CTO and building team to
- Ensure the building runs smoothly and is fully operational.
- Take a people-led approach to design – actively manage the space ensuring each area is operating as intended.
- Mentor, coach, train and supervise DeskLodge team members.
- Establish positive work culture based on encouraging a pro-active can-do team.
- Share knowledge with team on local business environment, partnerships and culture so they can help to promote DeskLodge and reinforce positive culture.
Skills & knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of the Basingstoke area and plugged into local networks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of all the main Microsoft products as well as the ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong work ethic, takes responsibility and dependable
- Leadership and team building skills including mentoring and coaching.
- Demonstrable and effective partnership, networking and/or stakeholder engagement experience
- Problem solver, team player and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience of managing people directly or through matrix management
- Experience of creating collaborative workspaces, management or consultancy in a related field an advantage.
DeskLodge offers matched pension contributions for up to 5% of basic salary and 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
Our members are dynamic, successful and remarkable bunch. You will have the opportunity to be part of something new. DeskLodge is making work an adventure. You will share in the challenges, the fun and the achievements of all those around you. Help shape the way people work and live.
Want to come on the journey with us? Send in your CV and covering letter. Due to summer holidays, we will be conducting interviews late August / early September.