Centre Manager Basingstoke
JOB TITLE: Centre Manager
CONTRACT: Full Time, permanent
DeskLodge has just opened a new location in Basingstoke! This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who wants to make their mark in a new and flexible work environment
We are looking a driven and energetic manager with a passion for creating amazing work communities. You have a successful track record in marketing or sales, with an understanding of hospitality and customer services. You are organised, proactive and solution-focused, with a good eye for detail.
You will be joining a growing and dynamic organisation, providing the self-employed, freelancers, homeworkers and small to medium sized businesses with flexible work space options and memberships, in a collaborative and community led environment.
Purpose of the Post:
- Ensure the successful, smooth and professional running of DeskLodge Basingstoke.
- Work with the Launch Director to drive sales and brand awareness of DeskLodge as the exciting new epicentre for businesses in Basingstoke.
- Secure a high level of occupancy for the centre.
Areas of Responsibility
- Spinning a thousand plates whilst smiling!
New business and partnerships
- Develop relationships and partnerships with relevant organisations, businesses and activities
- Generate leads, sales and carry out contract negotiations
- Provide personalised tours
- To identify any appropriate business opportunities as they arise
Memberships and Billing
- Track and record sales, occupancy and income
- Oversee lettings including for licences, invoices, deposits and identity checks
- Plan, resource and schedule efficient moving-in and moving-out
- Membership management including on-boarding sessions, organising socials, member engagement, and resident sign-up to newsletters, slack groups and DeskLodger Manifesto
- Promote use of our software for all billing, ensuring that staff team educate members and residents to use our software for billing, guests and networking
- Manage tenants ongoing licence obligations, subscriptions, exits and late payments.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding all tenants
- Manage contractors and cleaners and ensure that our set standards are maintained.
- Responsible for purchasing including office equipment, coffee, labour and other items.
- Create and maintain good work place culture, mix and ambience, including establishing and enforcing good neighbour practices in a sharing environment
- Build connections, make introductions and networking between members and the wider community.
- Actively manage the space ensuring each area is operating as intended
- Lead on and support the team to provide excellent customer care
- Resolve conflicts, complaints and issues in the interest of the wider community.
- Ensure the workspace runs smoothly, is fully operational and all procedures are adhered too.
- Proactively lead on all aspects of health and safety compliance, procedures and monitoring systems.
- Ensure that DeskLodge is secure and that security procedures are being followed by residents.
Marketing & PR
- Creatively contribute to the promotional strategy including: partnerships, promotions, social media marketing, advertising, print media, PR and press, and working with office agents.
- Take the lead on daily social media feeds including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
- Work with DeskLodge team to provide e-newsletter, blogs and articles.
- Work in partnership to bring and run great events at DeskLodge.
- Plan and track promotional activities and lead generation.
- Provide line-manage and training for the DL Basingstoke team event staff and contractors.
- Establish a positive work culture, establishing a pro-active team culture and resolve conflicts.
- Organise staffing, rotas, recruitment and temporary staff
Skills & knowledge
- Marketing skills
- A people-person with ability to explain things clearly
- Demonstrable organisational skills with proven ability to working under pressure
- Computer literate and able to learn new software quickly
- Strong work ethic, takes responsibility and highly reliable
- Leadership and team building skills
- Problem solver, team player and a can-do mindset
- Sales experience with the ability to negotiate and close deals
- Experience using social media
- Experienced people manager
- Experience of hitting customer service and sales targets/KPIs, both individual and team
- Experience working in coworking or with entrepreneurial communities.
DeskLodge offers matched pension contributions for up to 5% of basic salary and 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
Our members are dynamic, successful and remarkable bunch. You will have the opportunity to be part of something new and exciting. DeskLodge is making work an adventure. You will share in the challenges, the fun and the achievements of all those around you. Help shape the way people work and live.